Saturday, January 10, 2009

bland bath

My cozy ranch is a lovely blank canvas just waiting for my next diy whim. Next up might be the bathroom. It's your standard small bath with medium brown cabinetry, light tan walls, Hollywood style light fixture above a large wall mirror, tan ceramic floor tile, and yellow tile in the bath surround. The yellow tile is a little quirky, but after living with it for a few months I've actually come to like it in way; it's a happy and warm color to be surrounded by during my sleepy morning shower.

Overtime here are some things I'd like to change/add to the bathroom:

replace white plastic toilet paper roll holder and hand towel holder
change light fixture
paint cabinetry white
recaulk around the tub

add some excitement to the walls with bright color or possibly a hand painted pattern

The painting part sounds the most fun and creative, so I started searching for advice and
inspiration. I'm thinking of creating a mod vine design that stretches from floor to 3/4 up the wall. I love the color combo of yellow, white, and gray and this is the perfect room to use it in since I already have the yellow tile to work around.

Images from: Design Sponge and Casa Sugar



No comments: