Wednesday, February 20, 2008

tangles

As I mentioned earlier I've been interested in learning to knit (or crochet, I'm not picky) for quite awhile. Over a year ago I practiced my crochet skills and started to get reasonably good at beginner level projects and managed to make a bookmark, MP3 player cozy for J, a scarf (though to be honest it turned out much smaller and curlier than I imagined--I intended to give it away to a small child...), and a small felted bowl (very cool). I made all of these things during the cold of winter, but once the spring weather hit I stopped. Hot and muggy midwest summer weather just didn't inspire me to make the blanket that was next on my to-do list.

Well thanks to Katie I'm trying to get back on track, this time I'm trying to learn to knit. Today I figured out how to double cast-on and do a simple knit stitch (English style). Between "Stich and Bitch" and You Tube I managed to get a fairly good start.

In the meantime here is one thing I'm dreaming of making:

No comments: