Saturday, March 22, 2008

pillow talk













On my first day of spring break (Good Friday) I finished my first machine sewn throw pillow cover. I searched the internet for a basic pillow case pattern that didn't require a zipper or buttons and came across a great one. Then I used an upholstery grade fabric remnant from Hobby Lobby and a few pieces of felt to create the embellishments I designed for the front. All in all a pretty quick and satisfying project (not to mention inexpensive). I think I may make a few more--for myself or possibly put up for sale in an etsy store that I'd like to start someday. I'm hoping to buy some more fabric soon to play with; I'm loving online vender Sew, Mama, Sew.

Hopefully I'll be productive and finish lots of fun projects over spring break...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Definitely Etsy-worthy;) I'd get a few myself!

Lisa said...

sew cool. :)