Saturday, March 1, 2008

stops and starts

Knitting continues to be a bit of battle for me. After finishing about 8 inches or so of my first scarf I decided the loose open weave just didn't do it for me, so I decided to switch to smaller gauge needles (10). The pattern called for "bulky" yarn and size 17 needles; I bought and used both, but I don't think my yarn was really all that bulky (despite what the label said). Now I'm about a foot into scarf round two and it's better looking, but I'm still not completely satisfied. The edges of my scarf are wavy and uneven. I'm guessing this is due to uneven tension on the rows---tighter stitches from time to time mixed with looser ones? Any thoughts?

Lately I've been day dreaming about buying and decorating a house (or townhouse). Here are a few lovely images that have caught my eye recently:
























What I love:
row one (left to right):
1) informal bulletin board in kitchen nook-fun and easy to change picts
2) unique old apothecary looking cabinet (fingers crossd that I'll find something like this on craig's list)
3) color, art hung collage style, and eames rocking chair--ahhh
row 2:
1) windows, built in window seat/entertainment center, mid century mod furniture
2) great wall paper cutout--sweet idea for the future
3) tree wall decal (?) and touches of red

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I love those ideas, very cool!